Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/homemade-pumpkin-butter/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- 3 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp molasses
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Juice of half a lemon
- Combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, molasses, apple juice, sugar and spices in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced by about half. Stir frequently.
- Adjust spices to taste. Stir in lemon juice.
- Process for canning if desired or once cooled, store in the fridge in an airtight container.