Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/homemade-biscoff-cookies-with-biscoff-cream-cheese-frosting/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Homemade Biscoff Cookies with Biscoff Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- 10 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar, whisked to lighten
- 2/3 cup Biscoff spread
To Make the Cookies:
- In a medium bowl add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and baking soda together. Whisk together thoroughly to combine and aerate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter together with the sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- With the mixer on slow, add the flour mixture a little bit at a time until the dough is fully combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl often.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least half an hour.
- When the dough is thoroughly chilled, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly flour a large surface and roll out the dough to 1/4? thick as best you can. Using a small biscuit or cookie cutter of your preference, cut as many cookies as you can out of the rolled out dough.
- Combine the leftover dough into a ball again, and roll out again. Only do this once, as reworking the dough too many times will result in tough cookies.
- Bake cookies for roughly 9-10 minutes. Watch the oven very closely after the 7 minute mark. Because of the thinness and high sugar content, the cookies are a lot like caramel and can go from perfect to burnt in a flash.
- Allow to cool. Enjoy as is or make this Biscoff sandwich cookie using the following icing recipe.
To Make the Frosting:
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Biscoff spread and beat until thoroughly blended.