So yummy and so easy to make; thanks to Whole Foods for recipe and friends for helping me finish them off! Served with St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc.
Ham and Roasted Pear Crostini
- 1/2 baguette (or 1 demi-baguette), cut into 24 slices
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 ripe but firm Bosc pears, halved, cored and cut into 24 wedges
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound spiral-sliced ham (or another flavorful ham), cut into bite-sized pieces and warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Brush baguette slices all over with oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, flipping halfway through, until just crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Toss pears in half the dressing and arrange in a single layer on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast, flipping pears halfway through, until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Toss parsley with remaining dressing. Top each crostini with a piece of ham and then a wedge of pear and few leaves of parsley.