Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/guinness-vanilla-malted-milkshake-irish-whiskey-whipped-cream/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Guinness Vanilla Malted Milkshake with Irish Whiskey Whipped Cream
For the Irish Whiskey Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream (1/2 pint)
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Irish Whiskey
For the Guinness Vanilla Malted Milkshake:
- 1 bottle of Guinness® Draught beer, chilled
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Malt Powder (optional; I used Ovaltine)
- 1 oz Irish Whiskey
For the Garnish:
- Caramel Sauce (warmed and pourable)
- Chocolate covered malted milk balls, chopped
To Make the Irish Cream Whipped Cream:
- Chill your beaters and bowl for the whipping cream at least five minutes. Add the cream to the bowl and whip until it starts to bubble, add the powdered sugar and whip until it starts to firm up.
- Add the Irish Whiskey and whip until you have stiff peaks. Store in the refrigerator covered; can be prepared ahead of time and kept until ready to use.
To Make the Guinness Vanilla Malted Milkshake
- Combine the bottle of chilled Guinness, vanilla ice cream, Irish Whiskey, and chocolate malt powder in a blender. Top with the lid and make sure it's tightly in place. (I have a Blendtec Blender and used the milkshake cycle). Blend on high until everything is combined and smooth.
- Divide between two large glasses, leaving enough space at the top for whipped cream. Spoon or pipe the Irish Cream Whipped Cream on top of the shake.
- Garnish the shake with a drizzle of warmed caramel sauce and a small handful of the chopped malted milk balls.