Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/grilled-pork-chops-blackberry-serrano-sauce/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Grilled Pork Chops with Blackberry Serrano Sauce
- 4 thick cut (1
- 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
For the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp serrano pepper, minced
- 6 oz blackberries (Reserve a couple for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
To Make the Pork Chops:
- Rub vegetable oil over grill grates and preheat grill to high.
- Rub the pork chops with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the herbs and pat them all over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium heat and grill chops 5-7 minutes per side until the internal temp is 140 degrees. Remove from heat to a platter and cover; residual cooking should see the internal temp get to 145 degrees which is perfect for pork.
Make the Sauce:
- Saute the red onion and serrano pepper in 2 Tbsp of olive oil until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 10-12 minutes until the blackberries have broken down; cook longer if necessary.
- Using a blender or stick blender, pulse the sauce briefly to blend ingredients. I like mine to be a bit chunky but it's personal preference. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Serve the chops over rice with the sauce on top; garnish with additional parsley and blackberries if desired.