Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/grilled-peach-jalapeno-margarita/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Grilled Peach and Jalapeno Margarita
- 2 large peaches
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 oz brown sugar simple syrup (mix 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup brown sugar and heat until sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled)
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 4-6 oz tequila (Blanco, silver or reposado)
- Lime wedges and peach slices for garnish
- Grill the peaches and jalapeno on a grill at medium high heat. Rotate the jalapeno to insure it is grilled evenly on all sides. Once the peaches are sizzling and the jalapeno is nice browned; remove from heat to cool.
- Remove the blistered skin from the jalapeno and peel the skin from the peaches (should pull off easily after being grilled).
- Combine the peaches, jalapeno, brown sugar simple syrup, lime juice and tequila together in a blend and blend until smooth. Put the mixture into the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Rub the rims of glasses with a cut lime quarter and dip in mixture of brown sugar and margarita salt (or kosher salt). Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour mixture into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and peach slice.