Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/green-chile-macaroni-corn-and-cheese/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese
A stovetop version of mac and cheese with a spicy green chile flavor.
- 2 whole fresh Poblano chile for roasting, plus 1/2 cup chopped fresh Poblano chile
- 2 Tbsp corn oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (about one whole pepper)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 12 oz macaroni, cooked (I like rigatoni better than smaller noodles)
- 1 cup blended Mexican cheeses or Monterey Jack
- Char whole chile directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer to plastic or brown paper bag and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop the roasted chiles and put in processor. Add whipping cream and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped raw Poblano chile, red bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute until soft about 4 minutes.
- Add corn, stir for 1 minute.
- Add the cream/chile puree and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cheese and stir til cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.
I doubled this recipe and let's just say I'm glad I did!