Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/grapefruit-ginger-and-honey-flank-steak/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Grapefruit, Ginger and Honey Flank Steak
An Asian influenced citrus marinade for grilled flank steak.
- 2 Tbsp good olive oil
- 1/2 grapefruit, juiced (1/4 cup juice)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt (I used 1 tsp sea salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Lightly score flank steak both horizontally and vertically on both sides.
- Add meat to marinade and make sure both sides have been covered in marinade. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill meat for 5 minutes per side. Flank steak is not meant to be cooked until well done; doing so will see it become dry and tough so I recommend medium rare as the best choice but no more than medium for best results.
- Cuts like flank steak require that you slice against the grain; holding your knife at an angle to produce nice slices of meat. Here's a great simple video of this procedure.
NOTES: I love my Food Saver and if pushed for time will use the marinating dish and Food Saver attachment to shorten marinating time to 1-2 hours. Works great