Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/gorgonzola-mozzarella-cheese-stuffed-burger/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Gorgonzola and Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed Burger
- 1 pound ground beef (15 to 20 percent fat content)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- Lettuce, Grilled Onions, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup or whatever you love!
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and season with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and form each into a ball.
- Put plastic wrap on your counter and another piece over the patties and use a plate to flatten each one to 1/4" thickness.
- Divide the cheese onto 2 of the patties; top them with the remaining 2 patties, pinching the edges well to form a tight seal and forming them into two large patties total.
- Heat your skillet (I prefer cast iron but use what works best for you). Add a little butter or oil to the bottom of the skillet and then add the burgers, cooking undisturbed for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Take off the heat and remove the burgers to a plate or cutting board and let them rest for 2 minutes.
- Plate without buns on romaine lettuce and serve condiments on the side or use your favorite buns with mayonnaise and mustard on the bottom and ketchup on the top if using. Top either presentation with grilled onions and serve immediately!
This makes REALLY big burgers; each a half pound. Just saying!