Flank Steak with Cilantro Pesto
- 1 (1 - 1 and 1/2 lb flank steak)
For the Marinade
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, sliced or mashed
- dash of pepper
For the Pesto
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts , toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Mix marinade ingredients. Lightly score flank steak on both sides and cover with marinade. Let marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- For the pesto, combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped (about 15 seconds). Add yogurt and juice; process until smooth.
- Grill steak 6 minutes (med) on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with pesto. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.