Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/everything-cookies-coconut-walnuts-cornflakes/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Everything But Cookies - Walnuts, Coconut, and Cornflakes
One hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (use pecans if you prefer), toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
- 1 cup lightly crushed cornflakes (I put them in a ziploc bag and gently run a rolling pin over them)
- Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the oil and beat on low speed until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until smooth, then stir in the salt and baking soda.
- Combine the oats and flour and add the mixture to the work bowl; stir just until mixed. Stir in the walnuts, coconut, and cornflakes.
- Using a 2 Tbsp measure, scoop balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies 2” apart on cookie sheets with parchment paper. Lightly press down with the bottom of a flat bottomed drinking glass. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown.
- Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for one week or frozen for up to 1 month.
If you chill the dough too long; it may need to sit out a bit to soften before baking.