Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/deep-fried-turkey-with-honey-and-roasted-pecan-glaze/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Deep Fried Turkey with Honey, Bourbon and Roasted Pecan Glaze
1 hr 15 mins
Fried turkey is topped with a fabulous pecan, honey and bourbon glaze.
For the Turkey
- 2 gallons peanut oil
- 1 (10-12 lb) thawed turkey
- Salt, pepper and/or your favorite seasoning for chicken and turkey
For the Glaze
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
To Prepare the Turkey:
- Prepare and cook according to manufacturers directions for your appliance making sure it is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.I used peanut oil and an almost 12 pound turkey seasoned very lightly with a spice rub especially for fried poultry.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked; allow it to drain in accordance with manufacturer's directions and then let cool for 20-25 minutes.
To Make the Pecan Glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. remove from the oven, let cool and chop coarsely.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the honey and butter. Once combined, stir in the chopped pecans and bourbon if using and cook for 8 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and keep warm.
- Carve turkey, place on serving plate and pour glaze over the meat, passing the glaze as necessary.
Cook time does not include time for overnight brining. I brined mine for approximately 18 hours.