Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cream-mushroom-soup-white-wine-leeks/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Cream of Mushroom Soup with White Wine and Leeks
So easy and so good; mushroom soup will never be coming from a can again!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup slicked leeks
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced mushrooms (I used plain old button mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the leeks and saute for 3-5 minutes until they are tender. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute until they just start to soften. Do not overcook!
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture to use for garnish.
- Add the flour and mix with the leeks and mushroom mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and white wine and bring to a soft boil to thicken.
- Reduce heat and add the half and half, cooking just until warm; garnish each serving with a spoonful of the mushroom and leek mixture.