Walnut Cranberry Brie
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 package (17 1/4-ounce size) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce size) 4 1/4-inch diameter round Brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- Apple slices, if desired
- Crackers, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 F. Combine walnuts, preserves and cranberries in small bowl; set aside.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface; top with second sheet. Roll out to 13-inch square. Cut to 13-inch circle. Place pastry circle onto greased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Remove center of Brie cheese, using small sharp knife, in as large a piece as possible, leaving 1/4-inch shell around outside edge and bottom. Set center of cheese aside.
- Evenly press walnut-cranberry mixture onto center of pastry. Gently place Brie cheese (with rind removed) on top of walnut-cranberry mixture. Gather pastry up around Brie, holding firmly at top; pinch edges of pastry to seal. Check for holes in pastry, patching with extra pastry, if needed. Turn pastry over so that sealed edges are on bottom. Decorate top with star-shaped pastry cut-outs, if desired.
- Beat together milk, water and egg in small bowl with fork; brush over pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until medium golden brown. (Brie may leak when baking.) Let stand 15 minutes to allow Brie to set. Serve with apple slices and crackers.