Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cranberry-sauce-mojito/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
For the Cocktail
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of cranberry sauce
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1 slice of lime
- 2 oz. rum
- 2-3 oz of sparkling water, chilled
For the Garnish
- Lime Slices
- Fresh cranberries
- Put the cranberry sauce, mint leaves and lime slice into the bottom of the glass; muddle all ingredients to release flavors and mix everything together.
- Add rum and mix with a bar spoon. Add ice and lime slices (if desired) and fill with sparkling water; gently stir.
- Garnish with cranberries and mint sprig.
Simple Cranberry Sauce:
12 oz bag cranberries
1 cup water
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
Mix everything together in a medium saucepan and simmer until thick; approximately one hour. Allow to cool.