This Cranberry Sage Cocktail is re-created from Seasons, one of my favorite restaurants. It was a leap of faith and I’m so glad I tried it; it’s one of my favorite holiday libations!
Last year I had the pleasure of being invited to dinner at the Seasons 52 restaurant near me in Park Meadows; a large shopping complex north of where I live. My friend Sandy and I enjoyed an amazing lunch and the restaurant was gracious enough to provide me with the recipe for the cocktail we enjoyed so that I could re-create it and share it here.
That did not happen…not that the drink wasn’t made and photographed and ready to go but I had a concern and I’m glad I checked. It was late in the cranberry season and since this was a Cranberry Sage Cocktail I thought it behooved me to check on the availability of one of my favorite berries. Good thing too…the season was waning and I was told at three different places that it would not be a given that shoppers would still be able to find fresh cranberries. I punted, did a wonderful layered goat cheese appetizer instead and saved that cocktail until now. It was so good and so beautiful and just perfect for the season we’re in; I know you’ll love it too.
I’m certainly not late this time around; as a matter of fact the timing couldn’t be better since this cocktail is perfect throughout the holiday season and would be a beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas tables. I want to plan another visit to Seasons 52 soon; the name is not just a moniker, they truly change their menu with the seasons. Their menu offerings combine fresh ingredients with fantastic presentations and will leave you wanting for more. This cocktail was a hit and will be back in their rotation soon but if you’re not near one or are maybe like me right now, sitting in your fuzzy robe trying to ward off the chill, make one of these Cranberry Sage Cocktail from Seasons 52 and I’ll join you. Cheers!
Cranberry Sage Cocktail
- 4 blanched cranberries (cook in boiling water just until you hear the first one pop; remove and put into iced water immediately)
- 1 sage leaf
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (boil equal parts water and sugar til sugar dissolves, remove from heat and cool)
- 2 oz white cranberry juice
- 2 oz gin (I used Prairie Organic Gin which is what Seasons 52 also uses)
- 1 lime wedge
- Fresh Cranberries
- Sage leaves
- Muddle the cranberries and sage in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the simple syrup, cranberry juice and gin and fill with ice. Squeeze the lime wedge over the contents and add the lime to the shaker..
- Shake approximately 10 times until container is ice cold.
- Fill glasses with ice and strain cocktail over ice to fill. Garnish with additional cranberries.