Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cranberry-bliss-rice-krispie-treats/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Cranberry Bliss Rice Krispie Treats
For the Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
For the Topping
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
To Make the Rice Krispie Treats:
- Butter the inside of a 9X13" pan. Combine the cereal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and continue to cook, stirring often, until they are melted and combined with the butter. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cereal mixture and stir until everything is combined; pour into the buttered pan and pat evenly.
To Make the Topping:
- Combine the white chocolate chips and milk in a measuring cup and heat in microwave on low heat for 30 second increments; stirring after each time period. Continue to do this until all of the white chocolate is melted and the mixture is pourable.
- Pour over the Rice Krispie Treats and spread with a spatula; sprinkle the dried cranberries over the top. Allow to cool completely and then cut into squares.
Cutting dry cranberries can be a pain; they're a lot like dates and can just stick to your knife and each other. So I add some granulated sugar to them on the cutting board which makes it so much easier. Keep rotating them in the sugar as you cut and sticking will be minimum.