Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cosmopolitan-cranberry-sauce-is-it-a-cocktail-or-a-sidedish/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Cosmopolitan Cranberry Sauce – Is it a Cocktail or a Sidedish?
A unique twist on an old favorite.
- 12 oz cranberries, fresh, washed and picked over to remove bad berries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBS orange zest
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3 TBS Grand Marnier, or Triple Sec
- Lemon twists for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add everything but lemon garnish and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let sauce cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and chill in refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- Serve chilled in martini glasses with a twist of lemon