Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/colorado-lamb-chop-star-fine-foods-dinner-ototo/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Colorado Lamb Chop from Ototo Restaurant, Denver Colorado
A wonderful combination of rare, juicy lamb topped with a crisp olive oil and pistachio crust.
- 4 oz Butter, softened
- 4 oz Pistachio
- 2 oz Olive oil
- 6 oz Bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 - 1 Garlic clove
- 5 Frenched Double Lamb Chops seasoned with salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients except lamb chops into processor and process til smooth.
- Grill seasoned lamb chops to desired doneness.
- Let rest for 4 minutes, slice each chop to separate into 2 portions.
- Mound pistachio mixture on top and broil just until crust is brown.
The crust for this lamb is so good and can be used for other meats as well. I halved the portion that the restaurant provided me for this post but Chef Darren has also suggested freezing for use as needed. I would use it on chicken, pork or even sprinkled on top of vegetables. SO good!