Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cocoa-cayenne-espresso-roasted-walnuts/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Cocoa, Cayenne and Espresso Roasted Walnuts
- 4 cups California walnuts
- 2 egg whites (I happened to have small eggs on hand...if you have extra large, one might be enough...you just need enough to coat all of the nuts a bit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried Chipotle pepper (or use dried Cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg white(s) and vanilla.
- Combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, Chipotle pepper and salt in a processor and mix til thoroughly blended.
- In a larger mixing bowl mix the egg white with the walnuts and mix well to coat the nuts.
- Add the sugar and cocoa mixture into the walnuts and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the nuts on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes.