Photo Credit: Matt Armendariz, Matt Bites
Tomorrow (May 5th) is Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday that commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French Army in the 1862 battle of Puebla. Though becoming a more well known tradition across the country, it is of significant importance in Colorado and other Rocky Mountain states due to the large number of Mexican immigrants in this region. I will admit, I don’t participate in the more raucous celebrations held around our town but I’ve joined friends and family on many occasions to honor this tradition with some of our best Mexican style food and drinks.
If you’re in the mood; maybe these can be your inspiration! And if you’re not celebrating Cinco de Mayo…then don’t despair, these are all wonderful dishes to accompany your summer barbecue.
- Seriously the BEST Fresh Margarita
- Cilantro Serrano Mexican Rice
- Roasted Poblano and Green Garlic Soup – Eat Drink Washup
- Easy Pork Fajitas – Alison Lewis, Ingredients, Inc.
- Guac – Matt Bites
- Chile Rellenos Stuffed with Chicken and Goat Cheese No Plain Jane’s Kitchen
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – My Baking Addiction
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde – She Wears Many Hats
- Grilled Corn Salsa with Poblano Chiles, Cilantro and Honey
- Chorizo Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates – Evil Shenanigans
- Bacon and Tomato Guacamole
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Stuffed Chiles with Chorizo Sausage and Dates – My Man’s Belly
- Pina Colada Bon Bons – Daydreamer Desserts
- Rick Bayless – Need I say more…here is a list of recipes
- Grilled Veggie Tacos – My Kitchen Addiction
- Pork Green Chili – Denver Examiner
- Chicken Mole and a Mexican Menu – Cooking with Michelle
- Avocado, Tomato & Cotija Cheese Salad Recipe for Cinco de Mayo – Cookin Canuck
- Toast, Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon, Avocado and Poached Egg Recipe – Mangos, Chili and Z
- Raspberry Mojito Sorbet – Bread and Putter
- Mexican Fried Churros – What’s Cookin Italian Style Cuisine
If you have a favorite recipe that would be a good addition to this list; please be sure to share it with us in your comments!