Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/chocolate-pecan-tart-chef-francois-payard/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- Dough for one tart shell (The recipe called for Pate Brisee but use any pie crust recipe you prefer - I used packaged dough for one of my tests and it was fine too).
For the Candied Pecans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup whole pecan halves
For the Filling
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
To Complete the Pie
- 4 oz milk or dark chocolate, chopped
To Make the Candied Pecans:
- Boil the water and the sugar together to make a simple syrup. Place the pecans in a bowl and toss with the syrup. Place on a sheet pan and bake for five minute segments in an oven set at 350F or until the pecans are candied and golden brown. Let cool.
To Make the Filling:
- Place the flour, eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt in a mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the mixture on medium speed until well combined. Melt the butter and add it to the mixture. (Filling can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated, just be sure to whisk well to combine before adding to the tart shell and baking)
To Assemble the Pie:
- Scatter the candied pecans and the chocolate into the tart shell. Pour the filling on top of the chocolate and nuts (should be about 3/4 full).
- Bake for about 30 min in an oven set at 350F. The tart shell should have a golden color and the filling should still be soft in the middle.
- Remove the tart from the oven and set it aside to cool. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.