A friend made these for Christmas this year and they were the best peanut butter cookie. I like the addition of chocolate chunks instead of the standard Hershey Kiss and what isn’t better when a bit of sea salt is added?
Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- sea salt
- chocolate chunks (dark or milk, whatever you prefer)
- orange zest 1-2 tsp depending on your taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet.
- Mix peanut butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, orange zest and a pinch of sea salt until well integrated.
- Make walnut sized balls on the cookie sheet. DONT PRESS THEM DOWN.
- Press some chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt (but don’t go overboard though. knowing the right amount is kind of a trial and error experience)
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. They're just peanut butter, so its really just about cooking the egg and locking the flavors in.
- You might have to let them cool for a few minutes to solidify before you spatula them off the cookie sheet to cool.