Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/chocolate-chip-brownies-with-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Chip Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 ounces (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- '3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Grated chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To Make the Brownies:
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cool to room temperature.
- Cream sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; add chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Combine flour and salt with a whisk and add to chocolate mixture, mix well.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips and spread batter into a greased and floured 9X13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
To Make the Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the butter, beating until smooth. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth; add milk a half teaspoon at a time if necessary until desired spreading consistency,.
- Spread over cooled brownies; garnish with chocolate if desired.