Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/chicken-scallopini-with-mushrooms/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Chicken Scallopini with Mushrooms
A wonderful and easy dish which combines chicken and mushrooms in a white wine sauce served over pasta.
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots or 4 green onions, chopped|
- White wine to taste;1/4 to 1/2 cup
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan Cheese to shave on top
- Place breast pieces between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a mallet or other flat instrument to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. each of butter and oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and reserve.
- Heat remaining butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add breasts and sauté, turning once, until browned, 4-5 minutes total cooking time.
- Add shallots or green onions to pan and cook, scraping bottom until tender about 4 minutes.
- Add white wine and broth, boil, reduce to simmer and cook until liquids are reduced by half.
- Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, chicken and capers and simmer to reheat.
- Serve immediately over linguini or steamed rice and serve with a green vegetable.
- Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.