Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/cherry-mint-margaritas/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
- Lime wedge, sugar and salt (equal amounts combined) for rimming glass
- 1/4 cup fresh bing cherries, pitted
- Half a dozen mint leaves
- Sugar, to sprinkle
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4-6 Tbsp Tequila, silver or blanco (clear)
- 2 Tbsp cherry liqueur, or to taste
- Club soda, chilled
- Mint leaves and Cherries with stems, to garnish
- Using a cut lime wedge, rub the lime around the outer edge of two chilled glasses; dip the glasses in the combination of salt and sugar. Fill the glass with ice.
- Put the cherries and mint into a cocktail shaker, sprinkle with sugar and muddle with a muddler tool or a wooden spoon.
- Add the agave nectar, lime juice, tequila and cherry liqueur and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-12 times; strain over 2 glasses, top off with the chilled club soda and garnish with a mint sprig and cherry with stem.