Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/caramel-banana-pie-with-bourbon/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Caramel Banana and Bourbon Pie
For the Caramel
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp bourbon)
For the Pie
- 2-3 bananas
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust (I used the one in this recipe for French Silk Pie )
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp toffee bits (I used the packaged Heath Brickle Bits)
- Shaved chocolate
To Make the Caramel:
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk with the bourbon and pour the mixture into an 8-inch pie plate.Cover the pie plate with aluminum foil. Pour about 1/4-inch hot water in a larger shallow pan. Place covered pie plate in pan and bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until condensed milk is thick and caramel colored (add hot water to pan as needed). Remove foil when done, and set aside.
- Cut bananas into 1/8-inch slices, and place on crust. Spread caramelized milk over bananas and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until firm peaks form. Spread over caramel layer. Sprinkle with toffee and chocolate shavings.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.