Posted by Creative Culinaryhttps://www.creative-culinary.com/caprese-margarita-from-the-crimson-canary/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Caprese Margarita from the Crimson Canary
A very unique and oh so very tasty margarita!
For the Simple Syrup
For the Pickling Simple Syrup
cup pickling liquid from a jar of Pepperoncini Peppers
For the Citrus Simple Syrup
cup simple syrup
cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
For the cocktail
oz Pickling Simple Syrup
oz Citrus Simple Syrup
oz Silver/Blanco Tequila
Salt for rimming the glass (optional)
tsp balsamic vinegar
Basil leaves and cherry tomatoes for garnish
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar over medium heat and simmer just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the liquid into a container and refrigerate until cold.
To make the Pickling Simple Syrup:
- Combine 1/4 cup simple syrup with the pickling liquid.
- Gently smush the basil leaves, add to the pickling syrup and let them meld together for a few minutes. Remove the leaves.
To make the Citrus Simple Syrup:
- Combine another 1/4 cup simple syrup with the lime and lemon juices.
To Make the Cocktail
- Combine 1 oz Pickling syrup, 4 oz Citrus syrup and the 3 oz of tequila ( I like to combine them and then refrigerate them for a bit to get them chilled).
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lime and dip the edge in kosher salt (optional)
- Fill the glass with ice and add the margarita mixture
- Using a teaspoon, gently drizzle the balsamic vinegar around the inside edge of the glass
- Garnish with basil leaves and cherry tomatoes on a skewer.