Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/caprese-margarita-from-the-crimson-canary/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Caprese Margarita from the Crimson Canary
A very unique and oh so very tasty margarita!
For the Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the Pickling Simple Syrup
- 1/4 simple syrup
- 1/4 cup pickling liquid from a jar of Pepperoncini Peppers
- 2 Basil leaves
For the Citrus Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/8 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/8 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
For the cocktail
- 1 oz Pickling Simple Syrup
- 4 oz Citrus Simple Syrup
- 3 oz Silver/Blanco Tequila
- Salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Basil leaves and cherry tomatoes for garnish
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar over medium heat and simmer just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the liquid into a container and refrigerate until cold.
To make the Pickling Simple Syrup:
- Combine 1/4 cup simple syrup with the pickling liquid.
- Gently smush the basil leaves, add to the pickling syrup and let them meld together for a few minutes. Remove the leaves.
To make the Citrus Simple Syrup:
- Combine another 1/4 cup simple syrup with the lime and lemon juices.
To Make the Cocktail
- Combine 1 oz Pickling syrup, 4 oz Citrus syrup and the 3 oz of tequila ( I like to combine them and then refrigerate them for a bit to get them chilled).
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lime and dip the edge in kosher salt (optional)
- Fill the glass with ice and add the margarita mixture
- Using a teaspoon, gently drizzle the balsamic vinegar around the inside edge of the glass
- Garnish with basil leaves and cherry tomatoes on a skewer.