Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/brie-cambozola-cheese-and-caramelized-onion-pizza/
© 2012 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Cambozola Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza
Versatile and easy...use your favorite cheese; parmesan, mozzarella, goat cheese, brie or cambozola are all my favorites.
For the Onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
To Prepare the Pizza
- Pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Caramelized Onions
- 8 oz of Cheese of your choice (I used brie and cambozola which is a combination of French soft-ripened triple cream cheese and Italian Gorgonzola)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Thaw pizza dough if using frozen.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add olive oil. Add the sliced onions and cook over medium low heat until caramelized and brown; approximately 20 minutes. Add the chopped rosemary and continue cooking for 5 additional minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare pizza dough in a pan; brush with olive oil.
- Spread the caramelized onions over the dough then dot the top with cheese.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake according to your recipe for dough; typically around 400-425 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes (be sure to check your recipe or directions on your dough)
Cooking time is for both caramelizing the onions and the bake time for the pizza.