Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/bourbon-pumpkin-pie-toasted-walnuts/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Bourbon Pumpkin Pie with Toasted Walnuts
1 hr 15 mins
- 1 pie crust - homemade or store bought
For the Filling
- 16 ounces pumpkin - canned or fresh (cooked)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
For the Topping
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, rough chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
To Flame the Pie (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all ingredients for filling, mix well and pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350F and bake additional 45 minutes or until set. Cool.
To Make the Topping:
- Combine the butter 1/4 cup of brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the nuts and 3 tablespoons of bourbon, stirring to coat the nuts. Spoon the mixture over the pie.
To Flame the Pie:
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of bourbon in a small saucepan, just long enough to produce fumes (do not boil); remove from the heat, ignite with a match and pour over pie. Serve pie when flames die down. (Or just heat the bourbon and let it simmer for a minute or two to burn off some of the alcohol)