Drinks like this Bourbon and Peach Jam Smash Cocktail can be made all year round using jam and this is one of my favorites!
I promised a cocktail with the Bourbon Peach Jam with Vanilla Bean that I made last week and today I’m delivering! First can I just tell you I’ve never had so many people let me know in one week that they made a recipe I’ve posted. I guess it was perfect timing…peaches are coming into season and at least in Colorado, they are the best ever. And then, well, there is Bourbon. And Vanilla Bean. So get going and then let’s make this Bourbon and Peach Jam Smash!
If it’s Thursday it must be Food Network Day and this week it’s ALL about the cocktails…YAY!! Take a peek after the recipe for some additional cocktail offerings from my FN friends as we wind down the season of #SensationalSides!
The truth is that this jam is amazing BUT you can also use any product you like; don’t fret about making jam and let that keep you from making this cocktail. The only thing I might do if not using the jam I made is to make a simple syrup with brown sugar instead of white granulated sugar so you get a bit of that flavor in the finished cocktail.
What I love about this drink is that it’s great for the transition of the seasons. Here we are coming to the end of summer (NO!!!) and while still warm in my neck of the woods I would be lying if I can’t tell a shift. The nights are always cool in Colorado but now they’re cool enough a jacket is nice when we’re out back on the patio in the evening.
Bourbon is a bit heavier and richer than the light liquors most often used in summer cocktails so blending peaches with bourbon is sort of semi-fall. And super-good!
Smashes are great simple cocktails. They’re sort of a Mojito but with Bourbon…mint, fruit and simple syrup are smashed in the bottom of the glass and is topped with bourbon and, in this case, ginger beer. If I hadn’t had ginger beer on hand I would have also used a sparkling water or soda and this Bourbon and Peach Jam Smash would still be great.
I may not be ready for summer to end (I never am…not lying) but cocktails like this Bourbon and Peach Jam Smash can help me make it through. Won’t you join me? Cheers!!
PIN ‘Bourbon and Peach Jam Smash Cocktail’
As promised…more cocktails!
- Devour: Get Bowled Over by These Spiked-Punch Recipes
- Creative Culinary: Bourbon Peach Smash Cocktail (You’re Here!)
- The Lemon Bowl: Strawberry Mojitos
- Healthy Eats: 5 Lighter-Than-Usual Cocktails Starring Summer Fruit
- A Mind “Full” Mom: Tipsy Orange Julius
- Feed Me Phoebe: Watermelon-Cucumber Kombucha Coolers
- Taste with the Eyes: Evolving Manhattan Cocktail with Luxardo Ice Sphere
- The Fed Up Foodie: Rainbow Tequila Sangria
- In Jennie’s Kitchen: 14 Drinks to Celebrate Summer
- FN Dish: End-of-Summer Swigs You’ll Want to Make by the Pitcher‘
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp peach jam
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 thin slices of lemon
- Ginger Beer, chilled
- Peach slices and mint for garnish
- Combine Bourbon and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake at least 10 times until very cold to the touch. Set aside.
- Divide the peach jam, mint leaves, lemon slices and simple syrup into two chilled glasses and muddle gently to bruise the leaves and mix the ingredients.
- Fill the glasses with ice and add the bourbon and lemon juice mixture; stir well.
- Top with the chilled ginger beer, stir briefly and garnish with a peach slice and mint leaves.
Amount Per Serving Calories 460