Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/bourbon-hot-fudge-milkshake/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Bourbon and Hot Fudge Milkshake
For the Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Milkshake
- Hot Fudge Sauce (purchased or homemade)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk (whole is best but I've used 2% too and no one ever said no)
- 1-2 ounces bourbon (to your preference)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
To Garnish the Milkshake
- Maraschino cherries
- Shaved chocolate curls
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar, bourbon and vanilla until soft peaks form. Keep in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
To Make the Milkshake:
- Pour a couple of Tbsp of the hot fudge sauce around inside edge of glass and set aside.
- Combine ice cream, milk, bourbon, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth and thick. Add a few ice cubes if necessary if mixture needs to be thicker. Add additional bourbon to taste.
- Fill glasses with the milkshake mixture and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate curls, add a cherry on the top and serve with a straw.