Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/bourbon-hot-chocolate/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Bourbon Hot Chocolate with Meringues or Marshmallows
Need some warming? Hot chocolate has always been a favorite but this time, try adding some bourbon too; it's divine!
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ounce brown sugar (3 Tbsp packed)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Meringues or Marshmallows for garnish
- Combine the milk and sugar in a heavy-bottomed pot and heat over medium heat just until it reaches the scalding point.
- Turn the heat to low and add the chopped chocolate; stirring until completely melted; add the bourbon and mix in.
- Pour the mixture into warmed mugs. Top with a torched meringue or add marshmallows and torch them in the cup. Serve immediately
Not a bourbon drinker? Try rum or a favorite liqueur too, including Kahlua, Amaretto or Frangelico for other versions.
I made little meringues with a serrated tip to garnish these drinks and as cute as they were we loved the marshmallows just as much. It became a bit like a Girl Scout camp out; marshmallows and fire were in high demand!