Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/bourbon-brown-sugar-and-orange-cranberry-sauce/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Bourbon, Brown Sugar and Orange Cranberry Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
- One 12-oz bag cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry/pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Maker's Mark (or other bourbon)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Orange Liqueur
- Zest from half an orange and half a lemon
- More zest and an orange curl for garnish
For the Cranberry Syrup
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients except the orange and lemon zest in a medium size pot; add a bit more of the juices if needed to just cover the berries. Simmer on medium-low to low about an hour and a half until thick and still chunky.
- Allow to cool. Add a Tbsp of Orange Liqueur and the orange and lemon zest and combine.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
To Make the Cranberry Sauce Syrup:
- Combine the cranberry sauce, water and maple syrup in a small pan. Heat on medium until warm and mix together well.
- Serve on top of waffles or pancakes.