Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/blood-sand-cocktail-a-classic-cocktail-with-a-brunch-version/
© 2013 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
A classic cocktail; one of the few using Scotch as an ingredient.
- 1 oz. scotch
- 3/4 oz. Cherry Heering liqueur
- 3/4 oz. sweet vermouth
- 3/4 oz. fresh orange juice
- Garnish with orange slice, maraschino cherry or both
- Combine scotch, Cherry Heering, vermouth, and orange juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; cover and shake until chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish.
Alternate for Brunch:
- Prepare as indicated but pour over ice in a rocks glass and top with additional orange juice.