Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/best-meatloaf-best-leftovers/
© 2014 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
The BEST Meatloaf is Perfect for Sliders!
1 hr 10 mins
- 2 Tbsp butter ( I used Epicurean Butter's Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Butter)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole grain mustard (or Dijon)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 & 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 pound pork sausage (I used seasoned breakfast sausage)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 slices bacon
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup Chili Sauce (or ketchup)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- In a large skillet heat the butter over medium-high heat; add the chopped onions and celery seed and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and beginning to caramelize around the edges, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, put into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- When the vegetable mixture is cooled add the Parmesan, eggs, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and heavy cream and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs, ground chuck, pork sausage, salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer meat mixture to a large baking pan and using your hands, form mixture into a loaf shape.
- Arrange the slices of bacon on the top of the meatloaf and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the bacon looks cooked.
- Combine the Chili Sauce, brown sugar and whole grain mustard and slather it over the bacon; return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
For Sliders; simply cut chilled meatloaf and serve on rolls with lettuce and mayonnaise.