Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/best-mashed-potatoes/
© 2011 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
The Best Mashed Potatoes. Really…What Does That Mean?
- 2 pounds red potatoes, if small cook whole and if larger, cut in half (do not peel)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk or half and half
- 6 Tbsp chopped scallions (or fresh chives)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to pot and mash roughly; these are not meant to be the consistency of regular mashed potatoes.
- Add butter and mix well with potatoes.
- Add goat cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk as required to get consistency you desire.
- Add 4 Tbsp chopped scallions and mix in gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional scallions.