Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/best-homemade-hot-fudge-sauce-recipe/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Best Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon espresso
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the butter and half and half in a double boiler or a saucepan that you've set over another larger pot with simmering water. Warm until the butter is melted. Whisk together.
- Add the chocolate, espresso, brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt to the mixture and bring to a simmer; whisking continuously until smooth.
- Use an immersion blender (or pour mixture into a countertop blender) and blend until smooth and shiny.
- Cool.slightly before serving warm over your favorite ice cream.
- Refrigerate to store; heat in warm water or microwave on low power before using.