Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/basmati-rice-with-vietnamese-sweet-lemon-curry/
© 2010 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Basmati Rice with Vietnamese Sweet Lemon Curry
The additional of curry spice to basmati rice is the perfect flavor for this nutty rice.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 small white oniion
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp curry or to taste
- Chopped green onion
- sPut olive oil and butter in skillet and heat until hot and butter is melted.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes; just til soft but not brown
- Wash Basmati rice and drain; add to skillet and saute in butter onion mix for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Chicken stock, water and salt. Lower heat, cover and cook for approximately 30-45 minutes. Try not to disturb during cooking!
- Test after 30 minutes to see if the water has evaporated and then test the rice. Cook longer if water is still in the pan or if the rice is not yet completely tender; adding more water if necessary.
- Garnish with additional spice and green onions.