Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/barbecue-chicken-pizza-with-bacon-recipe/
© 2015 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Bacon
- 1 Pizza Crust - Use whatever works. Homemade, purchased from a pizza shop or packaged in a can; it's all good!
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, cooked til almost crisp
- 1.5 cups cooked, sliced chicken (I had leftover roasted chicken from Costco and combined light and dark meat)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Toss the chicken with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- Roll out your pizza dough and fit it into a baking pan or use a pizza stone. Use the rest of the sauce to slather on top of the pizza dough.
- Combine the cheeses; put half on top of the sauce. Combine the chicken and bacon and scatter on top of the cheese.
- Top the pizza with the remaining cheese and the red onion slices.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Slice pizza and serve immediately.
Store leftover pizza covered in the refrigerator. To reheat it's better if it's warmed in the oven but I've been desperate too and the microwave works but just be careful to warm on low just until the chill is gone; not the thrill. (I couldn't help myself!)