Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/barbara-bushs-famous-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/
© 2018 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Barbara Bush's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 (12 ounces) bag semisweet chocolate chips, preferably Valrhona (I used Milk Chocolate and everyone loved them!)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt onto waxed paper. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.