I’ve often added lemon and herbs to pasta for a light, fresh main course, but saw this recipe at The Pioneer Woman cooks website and had to try it and although still simple, the addition of sour cream takes it to a whole new level!
Baked Lemon Pasta
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups sour cream (I've also had Greek yogurt on hand that I've substituted)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste if desired
- Plenty of grated Parmesan chees
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Extra lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat. Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary.
- Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.) When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end. Serve with crusty French bread and a simple green salad.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks