I love Happy Hour at Yia Yia’s, a local restaurant near me. Friendly staff, nice wines and great prices for appetizers. I have been meeting friends there for Happy Hour on Fridays for as long as I can remember.
I can’t pass up the mussels, ever, but this is a new addition to the appetizer menu and I’ve recreated them at home; so easy, so delicious!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
A simple and irresistible appetizer!
- 18 pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
- 18 whole pecans
- 6 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- 18 wooden picks
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stuff 1 pecan into each date, then wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick if desired. Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake or 5 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper towel or parchment. Serve immediately.
I've done these on the grill too; just place them directly on a hot grill and cook until the bacon is crisp.