Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/bacon-wrapped-asparagus-with-garlic-and-parsley-recipe/
© 2016 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Garlic and Parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed, dried and tough ends of stalks removed (approximately 32 pieces)
- 1/2 lb bacon (approximately 8 slices; if using thick cut bacon, precook for 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown. Remove from heat and let drain on paper towels before continuing)
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic and parsley in small pan and saute for 2 minutes over low heat, remove from heat and let stand for at least 15 minutes to cool down.
- Put the asparagus is a large flat container and drizzle with the olive oil, garlic and parsley mixture and mix thoroughly so all of the asparagus is coated.
- Lay 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each strip of bacon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap bacon around the center of the stalks and secure with a toothpick.
- Place asparagus bundles on baking sheet, drizzle bundles with any remaining olive oil mixture and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp.