Posted by https://www.creative-culinary.com/apple-walnut-chicken-honey-mustard-dressing/
© 2017 Creative Culinary. All rights reserved.
Apple and Walnut Chicken with Honey Mustard Dressing
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 lg Apples rinsed; cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat, add garlic and chicken thighs and sauté until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and arrange apple slices in skillet. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and chopped walnuts. Spoon half of the walnut mixture over the sliced apples. Place the browned chicken breasts on top of the apple slices and spoon remaining walnut mixture over the chicken.
- Whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard and olive oil and drizzle over the chicken and then sprinkle it with thyme. Cover with lid and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and apple slices are fork tender.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.