My second installment of Whatever Wednesday and I already love this…just cooking and a few photos and sharing a great simple recipe from the archives of my first food website! This dish is normally made with red or fingerling potatoes but I had purple potatoes delivered in my CSA box and that’s my update for this dish from 1995.
Aren’t they pretty? But mashed just seemed wrong.
Really, tell me – how often are potatoes so gorgeous? Full disclosure? I do love purple; it’s my favorite color!
- 2 lbs potatoes, purple, fingerling, red or yukon gold, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the potatoes, onions and garlic in a large roasting pan or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes; test potatoes with a fork for doneness; remove or continue to cook in 5 minute increments until potatoes can be easily punctured with a fork.
- Taste, season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
If you have a large enough grill you can also make these outside. Simply heat one side of the grill and put the pan of potatoes on the other side that is not over the heat. Follow directions as above although often takes longer due to heat fluctuations on a grill.
It’s a PARTY!!
My baby is gonna be ONE YEAR OLD!! Friday, September 14th I’ll be celebrating one year of The Friday Cocktail.
Stop by for food, drink and friends with a LOT of recipes. Oh yeah…lots of prizes too!