Today’s theme for the Food Network series that I participate in is the first for this season’s ‘Fall Fest.’ I have to be pulled into Fall kicking and screaming ‘I’m not READY!’ because I just hate to see the end of summer. Still I wouldn’t be sharing these Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Cookies that are perfect for Fall if I wasn’t starting to slide that direction.
The theme today is ‘Kid Friendly‘ and I’m probably the only one of the group that doesn’t have any kiddos still living at home so you might think it would be a huge stretch for me. Still, if you know me than you know my house is an open door for the neighbor kids so I’m always thinking kid friendly!
I took one of my all-time favorite treats as a kid when my mom would slather some peanut butter on apple slices and transformed it into a cookie. Did it work? Well, it’s the morning after and they’re almost all gone if that says anything. I combined chunky peanut butter with oatmeal cookies and included diced apple pieces in the mix.
So moist and chewy and nutty and wonderful; it really did take me back to a simpler time. Kids on the street and bike races without helmets and “King of the Hill’ and our favorite, Flashlight Tag. I grew up in Missouri in a suburb of St. Louis so not only was Flashlight Tag a fun nighttime game but now a sweet reminder of how our flashlights completed only with lightning bugs; something that doesn’t visit our high altitude Colorado home. Ahhh…sweet memories.
You don’t need to love peanut butter apples like I do to enjoy these Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Just a word of caution. They are super moist and chewy and have the potential to crumble just a bit. No one here noticed; they were too busy gobbling them up, crumbs and all!
Need more Kid Friendly ideas…here you go!
- Devour: Embrace Your Inner Kid with 5 Fun Flips on Pizza
- The Lemon Bowl: Skillet Mexican Street Corn
- Homemade Delish: Healthy Back-to-School Lunches
- Creative Culinary: Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Cookies (You’re Here!)
- The Fed Up Foodie: Spiced Pumpkin Donuts
- A Mind “Full” Mom: 2-Ingredient Homemade Gogurts
- The Mom 100: Tomato-Orzo Dill Soup
- Healthy Eats: 7 Back-to-School Dishes That Kids Can Help Make
- Taste with the Eyes: Black Bean Spaghetti Caterpillar For Kids
- In Jennie’s Kitchen: Kale Sushi Rice Bowls
- Swing Eats: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Cookies (Gluten-Free & Flourless)
- FN Dish: Our Favorite A+ Afterschool Snacks