I’ve done some posts in the past couple of months with produce from Door to Door Organics. I love the premise of this company. In lieu of having a CSA near me, I can get produce delivered instead. Yes Please. They asked if I would like to offer one of their Bitty Boxes to a local reader and I was thrilled at that opportunity. I live in the south metro area of Denver, Colorado and read with envy about people getting fresh produce from their CSA each week. I would have to travel quite a distance to join a CSA so for me, this is perfect. They get the best of local, seasonal and organic produce and deliver it to your front door. How great is that?
I’ll be providing them with some recipes for the Kitchen section of their website too so be sure to check them out for some great recipes. The Bitty Local Farm Box I received last week contained the following summer bounty:
- 1 local Eggplant
- 2 local Yellow Squash
- 1 local Bok Choy
- 3 local Tomatoes
- 1/4 lb local Garlic
- 2 lbs local baby potatoes
- 1 local Leaf Lettuce
I made a roasted garlic dressing that I applied to all of the vegetables I used before grilling them. So good, so easy and so simple to clean up. The grilling results in vegetables with a terrific smokey flavor to boot!
This is one of my very favorites dressings. I first made it for a warm salad with croutons which I’ll do as soon as there is a nip in the air but in the meantime…it works with so many things and I knew it would be wonderful to use for grilling these vegetables. I didn’t have enough tomatoes it seems…but a warming of some homemade sauce that was in the fridge was a great accompaniment to the eggplant!
There are two ways you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment with your zip code (we have to verify delivery capability for the winner) and let me know if you think it’s important to support local producers and/or why.
- Tweet about this giveaway then leave a comment here telling me that you did:
Giveaway for #Denver and the Front Range: Door to Door Organics Bitty Box – http://bit.ly/qi6oJ0
- This opportunity is ONLY open to those who live within their Colorado delivery area. Check here.
- You MUST enter a comment for each of the above choices to be eligible for multiple entries. Leaving one comment with both requirements will only give you 1 entry. The winner will be selected randomly from those eligible for delivery.
I’ll pick a winner from the comments posted on Friday evening, September 2nd at 5pm, Mountain time and post the winner on Saturday. Good luck!
Everyone is a Winner! Door to Door Organics will give any of my readers in their delivery area (see NOTES, Number 1) a 40% discount off of their first Bitty Box. Simply input creative-culinary when placing your order.