Made this tonight to serve with leftover barbecue ribs; just enough heat- they’re perfect!
- 5 oz all-purpose Flour
- 5 oz corm meal
- 1 1/2 oz sugar
- .5 oz baking powder
- .75 oz non-fat dry milk
- 4 oz Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dry chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 oz buttermilk
- .5 oz honey or corn syrup
- 6 oz butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 F and spray a 12-cup muffin pan, or a 9? cake pan, with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, non-fat dry milk, and spices until well combined. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, milk, honey or corn syrup, and butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the went into it. Fold the mixture gently, mixing until the dry ingredients are just moist. Do not over-mix.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup half way with batter, or pour the patter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes for muffins, or 25 to 30 for the cake pan.
- Yield 18 muffins or 1 - 9? round loaf
- Allow to cool in the pan for 3 minutes before turning out of the pan.
Thanks to Evil Shenanigans for this recipe.