These are not your standard wings! While I enjoy hot wings with a cool garnish, I actually love these more. They have a sticky sweet coating made from red wine and brown sugar, the spicy comes from garlic and mustard and the sticky? Well, they are eaten with your fingers! Trust me, they will disappear quick!
Great during the summer – can be cooked outdoors in double gas grill. Light gas on one side of grill and place pan on other. Cover with foil and check and turn wings often as they can cook quicker in gas grill (heat can not be maintained as easily).
These take a bit of time but are easy and so worth waiting for!
- 35 chicken wings, tips removed
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Place chicken wings, disjointed, in large flat pan.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour or overnight. Be sure all wings are well coated with marinade.
- Place pan in 350 oven and reduce heat to 250. Bake 4-5 hours (check hourly), turning wings at regular intervals. If all marinade is not absorbed, pour off and dry wings out a bit longer in oven (just a few minutes) before serving.